Thursday 9 May 2013

Ideas and inspiration



These great examples of double page spreads are ones that i take inspiration from and will include aspects uaed here in my own work. 
Personally I am a great fan the use of white space, I feel that it gives a sense of 
simplicity and makes the page look more modern and proffesional. 
on the other hand, filling a page with an image and having text overlaying it also makes a great spread. 

The jayz page appeals to me, it has confronted the issue of the crease in the middle page which can prove hard to deal with if not taken into consideration during the design process. 

A more collage effect has me undecided on the layout that I will choose for my own double page spread. I like how it gives the page a more layered look to it, it instantly grabs the attention of the target audience.










Here are a few double page spread that caught my eye. All of them are different but unique in their own ways. 
The first one intituled “HARD TIMES” I especially like becasue of its rough cut “n” stick and the colours that are used are linked the to the topic of the article which is electronic music and dance scene.  
I plan to use these elements in my own work. 

The Second image with the yellow background also appeals greatly to me with the layered images, the use on white space imbetween the images gives it an organised mess look to it which is used throughout the rest of the article, the text int he title and subheadings overlaps the background. i like the face that it isn’t all within the normal set lines and borders, this piece has it’s own style.  





No comments:

Post a Comment